Thursday, July 18, 2013

Butterfinger Cake

The first time I had this cake was at a church potluck and with all the abundance of food at the long table that morning this is the cake that was gone first. I found the recipe in a cookbook that I bought at an estate sale. Do you ever go to estate sales for cookbooks? Every time I go I feel like I am the only one buying them.




 
 
RECIPE
 
Butterfinger Cake
 
1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
 
1 Can Eagle Brand Milk
 
1 Jar Caramel Topping
 
8 Ounce Cool Whip
 
Large. Butterfinger or Heath Candy Bar
 
Bake cake according to directions, in 9x13 baking pan. Poke holes in the cake about 5 minutes after it comes out of the oven . Pour 1 can of Eagle Brand milk over the cake. Pour 1 jar of caramel topping over the cake. Let the cake cool. Spread 1 tub of Cool Whip over the cake. Sprinkle a crumbled Butterfinger over the top of the Cool Whip. Refrigerate.
 
*its seems like a lot of eagle brand milk and caramel but trust me its not. I have used half and I could  hardly taste anything.
*I like to grate extra chocolate curls on top or drizzle with Hershey's chocolate syrup.
Kids love these cakes and such a good take to take to school or to a potluck.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment