Monday, June 24, 2013

Strawberry Pie


Gotta Love summertime and all the fresh fruit coming out of the garden. My strawberries didn't come out of my garden , unfortunately, because they all died because of the 102 degree summer we had a few summers ago. I watered, I tried , I begged them to stay alive but they didn't listen. Here is a simple strawberry pie recipe I made .


1 9" pie shell, baked and cooled
1 quart strawberries, washed and capped (you can leave them whole or slice them, whatever you prefer)
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 Tbs. cornstarch
1 (3oz.) box of strawberry gelatin (Jello)
 
 
In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the sugar, water and cornstarch.  Stir until it just boils and turns clear and thickens.   Add the strawberry gelatin to the mixture and cook for about a minute stirring constantly and making sure it's smooth.  Remove from heat and allow to cool.
 
Arrange the strawberries in the baked and cooled pie shell. I cut mine in half or you could leave them whole.
 
 Carefully pour the gelatin mixture over the entire pie. .  Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least a few hours. 

Slice and serve with whipped cream or cool whip
You can also cut the sugar back to 1/2 cup and use sugar free Jello to cut back on calories and sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment