Monday, June 24, 2013

Blackberry Cobbler

Blackberry Cobbler

I went to my local home improvement store a few years ago and they had blackberry plants for 2.00 so I grabbed about 15 of them and planted them in my garden spot. They grew and grew and before I knew it they were making runners all  over the yard. I gave some to my dad and left brain has been running over them with the lawn mower. I want to share a blackberry cobbler recipe I made with them the other day .
 
 
 
 
place 5 cups blackberries in a 9x9x2 inch pan
 some of these  looked like they were in the refrigerator longer than they should have . They were turning reddish.
 
 
 Mix together
2 Tbsp flour
3/4 cup sugar
5 cups blackberries
 
 
 Carefully stir the flour sugar mixture in with the blackberries
 
 Next , make a blackberry topping
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg beaten
1 stick unsalted butter , melted
sprinkle blackberries with flour and sugar mixture. Drizzle butter evenly over crumble topping
.
 
 
 Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes
Good with vanilla ice cream!
 
This cobbler is Yum but it is sweet. You can cut back on the sugar if it is your desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment