Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Strawberry Blueberry Crunch Parfaits

I remember dropping off my last child to kindergarten and thinking what am I going to do today? It had been so long since I was home alone . I thought about going shopping but that really didn't excite me so I ended up at the grocery store getting these ingredients. I came up with this parfaits and it has been a favorite ever since. I put these in Mason Jars and in the refrigerator that I found at Tuesday Morning with a French Design on them for 1.99 each. Score!
 
 
 

1 cup milk

 8 ounce container thawed cool whip
 

1 Cup Sour Cream
 
 

3.4 Ounce Jello
 
 

Pour 1 cup milk, 1 cup sour cream and 8 ounce cool whip and instant vanilla pudding in a bowl and stir until thickened. refrigerate until cold. it will get thicker.
 
 

Mix 1 cup sugar with 1 egg
 
 

Stir the egg and sugar until well mixed
 
 

add 1 cup pecans to the egg sugar mixture
 
 

Spread evenly into a greased aluminum foil lined 9x13 pan.(I forgot and it stuck a little)
 
 

Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees
 
 
 
 
 
 Let cool then crumble( I forgot to use greased aluminum foil and trust me it sticks)
 
 
 
Put a few spoonfuls of pecan crunch on the bottom then blueberries and strawberries
next put a few tablespoons of pudding mixture then repeat
crunch, blueberries and strawberries, then pudding mixture
 
*I have made this before in a 9x13 pan and it does just fine but you need to mix it up the day you will serve it because if you let it all sit in the pan the strawberries make the pudding mixture get a little watery and the crunch also will get soggy.
 
RECIPE
 
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
strawberries hulled and sliced
blueberries
1 Cup Milk
8 ounce froze whipped  topping, thawed
3.4 ounce INSTANT vanilla pudding
1 cup sour cream
 
***You can also make this lighter with lite cool whip and sugar free instant pudding and lower fat milk and sour cream*****
 
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick vegetable spray:set aside. Blend together egg and sugar:stir in pecans.Pour into the center of prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool: crumble mixture, set aside. Combine milk, whipped topping, pudding mix and sour cream' mix well. Refrigerate until cold it will thicken. Lay pecan crunch fruit then pudding mixture in desired cups.
 
*DO NOT forget to use the oiled aluminum foil I have tried it in a sprayed nonstick pan and the pecan crunch will stick.
*Don't forget when you are printing recipes I have a box at the top where you can check and it will NOT print the photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment