Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cabinet Before/After


 My dad built this honey cabinet years ago and I wanted to redo it so it would match my kitchen.

 This is the before Picture. The cabinet was plain and painted white. I always keep sugar , flour and baking items in it.


This is the After picture

After Photo ( sorry for the mess . We are remodeling. Keeping it real. )I glued appliques, added new hardware and an antique knob
 
 
 
after
 
added  some décor on top
 
The back of the cabinet shows where I placed in the kitchen so I decided to build something to decorate it. I built a plaque
 
Now the plaque hangs on the back of the cabinet in the kitchen
 
How I achieved the Look.
The Cabinet- I painted 2 coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Provence
I applied Annie Sloan clear wax and then lightly applied Annie Sloan dark wax allover in various spots  with a cheesecloth
 I painted the top trim gold using liquid leaf ( this dries pretty quickly so brush along at a faster pace. You will usually need mineral spirits to clean the brush up)
 
Visit me again and I will tell you how I built the plaque!

1 comment: