Monday, September 15, 2014

Homemade Tortillas

I have always made homemade tortillas and they have always been one of my staples so I was overly ecstatic to find the ones at the store with all natural ingredients and cooks in 1 minute 
Flour
Salt
Sugar
Water
Canola

I found these in my refrigerator section by the cheese so look for them because they are way better than this cooked ones . 

I used them to make apple Flautas 

Take apple pie filling or fresh apples and slice the apples thin and add sugar , lemon juice. , cinnamon to taste cook the apples until tender . 
Cinnamon sugar- 1/4 cup sugar with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.  Put this in an airtight container to store . Use however much you like to sprinkle on the Flautas . 

Just heat the tortillas according to package instructions and spray canola oil on one side of the cooked tortilla and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar . Put about 2 tablespoons of apples in a single row on the tortilla and roll with the cinnamon sugar on the outside and bake until crispy on top . Usually about 10 minutes at 350 . 
These are super easy and kids love these as a breakfast meal or an afternoon snack . 

No comments:

Post a Comment