Monday, September 15, 2014

Ranchero Eggs

Two of my favorite things combined eggs and tomatoes. This is a really simple dish to make for breakfast or supper 
Ingredients
1 jalapeño 
2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
1 onion chopped
Large clove of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can black beans rinsed
1/4 TSP cumin 
Eggs
2 tablespoons oil
Fresh cilantro
Cheese
Sauté the chopped onion, garlic , and chopped jalapeño in 2 tablespoons
 oil until tender. Add cumin , 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes, 1 can of black beans and simmer for about 10 minutes with the lid on. Break the eggs carefully over the sauce in the pan while the sauce is cooking on medium. I leave the heat on because it makes my eggs run less . I set the heat at around 4 and cook the eggs til done . I don't like my eggs runny so I cook them to a hard boil stage. Add whatever cheese you want on top and put the lid back on and melt the cheese and add fresh cilantro on top . 
Serve with tortilla chips, baked corn tortillas or taco bowl strips and sour cream 
You don't have to add the cumin but I love it with black beans 

No comments:

Post a Comment